HELPING TEACHERS GET THE CLASSROOM SUPPLES THEY NEED
Due to tight school budgets and discretionary spending cuts, funding for
classroom supplies has disappeared. One national survey estimated that
in 2013 U.S. teachers spend nearly $1.6 billion of their own money to
buy supplies for their classrooms. Our campaign hopes to provide the funding to buy classroom supplies so that teachers
don't have to use their own money.
Front of the Class works together with teachers through our crowdfunding site to raise the funds needed to pay for classroom supplies. We also work with individual schools or school districts. How it works:
- The Teachers (schools or districts)apply for campaigns by filling out the Meet the Need Form - click to apply.
- FOTC will review their information and notify them by email that they've been accepted.
- At the time of their acceptance, we'll let them know what 1 + 1 = More Fund incentives we can provide. We may provide an inital contribution, matching donations or funding incentive goals. (Our ability to provide incentives will depend on the unrestricted balance of the fund at the time of application.)
- FOTC will set up the approved Teachers on our website and will provide links so they can market their own local campaign by social media, emails, backpack fliers or business solicitations.
- We will apply 1 + 1 = More incentives as you reach your funding targets.
- FOTC will provide you with a periodic report on how your local campaign is going. Your campaign balance will be reported net of FOTC fees and credit card fees. Please see the Let Us Help Your Charity for a full discription of our fee policy.
- When their campaigns are completed, FOTC sends the funds to the schools for the Teachers to buy the supplies they need.